Thursday, November 13, 2014

Menopause......and Essential Oils

If you are a guy.....you probably want to stop reading now.

If you are a woman over 40 and experiencing menopause..keep reading!!!

 I posted before on how Essential Oils have helped me deal with menopause and also helped me get off of my hormone replacement therapy.  I deleted that post a while back because the FDA was cracking down on how people worded their use of essential oils and I was unsure if my post was kosher with all that.....

However, I am SO thrilled with how the oils are helping my menopause I decided to post it again.  Because if it helps just ONE woman then it is worth it. I have been off all HRTs now for 3 months and am symptom free!!!  So if you are in the throws of menopause, read on....maybe essential oils can help you too!!!


I have been experiencing menopause in one form or another for over 10 years.
I've had several different symptoms over that time, but one persistent symptom for the whole time.

I have tried many things to help alleviate my symptoms, and finally 7 years ago with the help of my GYN found a combination of two HRTs (hormone replacement therapy) that finally gave me some relief.  My symptoms are pretty severe and with these 2 HRTs I finally felt normal again!!

All has been good for the last 7 years....except that I have been putting synthetic estrogen in my body and I wasn't crazy about that....but in my mind it was better than the alternative!

Last spring, my GYN informed me that I needed to try and get off of the HRTs...one in particular.  Apparently they don't recommend being on them for over 10 years.
I was distraught.  
I had tried a couple of times before to stop taking them with horrible results within just a few days.

A few months prior to my appointment, I had started using essential oils and so I did some research.  I came up with several options, but decided to wait until after my son's wedding to try any of them....coming off my hormones was not going to be good for anyone while planning a wedding!!  :)

So, once the wedding was over, I again began thinking about how I could replace my HRTs with EOs....but honestly I was scared.  My symptoms make me miserable.  One day a friend sent me the link to a blog where the blogger (Cyndi) was talking about her success with EOs and menopause.  I decided to email her (since she offered) and see if her symptoms were similar to mine and they were.

By now you may be wondering what my symptoms were and I would love to talk to you about it if you want...privately. You can email me at sarawbowyerATmsnDOTcom.

She recommended the following two oils....






One thing about Essential oils is that every person is different and you need to find what oil and how much works best for you.  As I talked to Cyndi, she explained that she used both of these oils each morning/evening by placing a couple drops on the inside of her feet just under her ankles..the vita flex points for the reproductive system.

As I experimented with the oils myself over several weeks, I found that with my severe symptoms, I needed to apply each of those oils 3x a day to my ankles.  And I had to add another oil....

I rub this oil on the back of my neck and on my wrists in the morning.

The last thing I  found that I needed was to drink LOTS of water throughout the day...at least half my body weight in ounces.  This is recommended for good health anyway, but is important to fight against my symptoms.

The first week I went off my HRTs I had NO symptoms...pretty amazing.  But on the 7th day, I started feeling them come back but not near as bad.  that is when I added the 3rd application of the oils.  That helped but did not completely relieve the break through symptoms.  So then I added the progessence plus.

It pretty much knocked out all of symptoms!
I am thrilled with the results!!!
I am completely off the main HRT The doctor told me to quit using!!!
And I use the other only on occasion when needed!!
 (which is a fraction of how often I used it before)
To be honest, I really never thought I would be able to say that.

I will continue to work on getting off the other completely, but am overjoyed with these results!!

It has been quite a journey, but my persistence paid off and once again I am so very grateful for my essential oils!!!

If you suffer from menopausal symptoms...don't wait.  
Look into what Essential oils can do for you!!

three months later....I now use clary sage and ylang ylang in the am/pm and progessence plus in the mornings.  My body has adjusted to the oils and I am feeling great!!!

If you want to know more about EOs or sign up to receive your own YoungLiving Essential Oil starter kit, go here or click the essential oil tab in the navbar above or email me.

I would love to help you in any way as you get started on your EO journey!!


disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.

1 comment:

Rebecca Jo said...

I'm pinning this right now for down the road!!!