Friday, October 10, 2014

It's a good morning!

I'll be honest.....

I had a bit of a melt down with God last night.

His silence this week has been a bit deafening and I found myself giving in to fear.  I felt myself focusing on the mountain in front of me instead of Him.

As I cried out to Him, He lovingly reminded me He has not gone anywhere.  And as I listened to this song (over and over), I felt my peace returning and my vision refocusing.



I got up this morning and in my quiet time with Him, my devotions just reiterated what He has been telling my heart...
Trust me enough to let things happen without striving to predict or control them....Jesus Calling

Has God trusted you with His silence--a silence that has great meaning?  God's silences are actually His answers....Oswald Chambers

Are you mourning before God because you have not had an audible response? When you cannot hear God, you will find that He has trusted you in the most intimate way possible--with absolute silence, not a silence of despair, but one of pleasure, because He saw that you could withstand an even bigger revelation.  If God has given you a silence, then praise Him--He is bringing you into the mainstream of His purposes...Oswald Chambers

Our task is to faithfully perform the role He assigns us.  Follow your Lord and trust Him alone.....Blackaby

So this morning.....

I have a new song playing...


5 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I've never heard that song!!! Oh wow... blessed me.
Sometimes you have to have those break downs with God so you can get a refreshed look...
praying for you friend!

Cathy said...

I love the Mandisa song. I need that to be my wake up call every morning.

Those are interesting thoughts about when God is quiet. I need to remember this.

The Bug said...

I should put this song on my walk playlist :)

Jackie said...

You guys are in my prayers, Sara!

RaD said...

Love that Mandisa song! I hope you can hold your head up and continue to trust... In fact, I'm listening to a great song now... try this one too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd4qtmDGIWQ