Thursday, October 9, 2014

It's fall around here....

As much as I hate to admit it....

It's fall.

If you know me at all, you know I love summer and it is so depressing for me to admit it is over.  Closing the pool is a sad, sad day!!

So this week, I decided to embrace fall.

My neighbor has been very generous in sharing their butternut squash (which I love) from their garden and so I have been experimenting with it this week...

 I used my spriralizer to make butternut squash spaghetti and made this recipe for dinner.  This is something I will make A LOT! So delicious!  I added a little white wine to the kale for some added flavor.

But even more delicious was this roasted butternut squash hummus I made tonight!!  
Get the recipe here
 oh my word......SO good!!!


Then today I decided to "fall up" my front door.  I saw this cute pumpkin wreath on pinterest and decided to try to make it.  Yay for a pinterest WIN!!




ok, maybe I can enjoy fall just a little!! :)

5 comments:

The Bug said...

Cute wreath! And as usual your food looks fabulous :)

Mari said...

I absolutely hate summer ending too, but I guess Fall is here, so we might as well decorate!
The pumpkin wreath is so cute. Your recipe looks yummy!

Rebecca Jo said...

Look at you & your goodies!
I love your wreath!!!!!

Lynne said...

Love the wreath, and the food looks so attractive I may have tried it. I have to admit I used to not be a big veggie fan but slowly have come around to liking them at my old age! I am finding I keep adding more to the list as I've aged. My latest being asparagus. I even tried a "fake coconut cream" mini pie that was actually made with vegetables. You'd never know it and it was great!

Anonymous said...

I love fall! cute pumpkin door decoration.